- Published on Monday, 21 October 2013 07:02
- Written by Richard Cook
Across Ross runs down the contested races for Ross Township Commissioner, North Hills School Board, Ross Township Tax Collector, and the District 1 seat on Allegheny County Council. Simply click on the candidate's name for their individual profile, and where they stand on the issues.
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 5. The polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Below are the local races voters in Ross Township will be deciding. (Note: the candidates for West View Borough council, West View Tax collector, and the Mayor of West View are all unopposed.) Check back with Across Ross Tuesday evening for complete election coverage.
North Hills School Board
Notes: Giovengo Nolish was the only candidate to win both parties' nominations in the spring primary.
Ross Township Commissioner
Notes: Both men were unopposed in the spring primary. Incumbent Chris Eyster chose not to seek reelection. Meyer is currently a member of the North Hills School Board.
Notes: Longtime incumbent Peter Ferraro is not seeking reelection.
Ross Township Tax Collector
Notes: O'Brien, the current Ross Township Commissioner in Ward 7, defeated two other candidates in the Democratic spring primary while Bright was unopposed. Incumbent Donna Carey stepped away from the work in June of 2011, deputizing Jordan Tax Service to handle tax collections for the township and the North Hills School District.
Allegheny County Council
Baker, a member of the North Hills School Board, defeated incumbent Matt Drozd in the spring primary. Barr is running as a Constitution Party Candidate. Baker and McClain live in Ross, Barr resides in West View.
- North Hills Eagle Scout Project Benefits Elementary Band Program
- Ross Community Day Celebration Kicks off with Friday Night Movie in the Park
- 5 Things to Do this Weekend in the North Hills
- Traffic Alert: Thompson Run Road
- Sneak Peek: Cinemark Theater at McCandless Crossing
- North Hills Schedules Homecoming Activities
- 10 Homes Just Listed for Sale in Ross Township & West View
- Weekend Event: Ross Township Church Hosts 'Christian Closet' Clothes Sale Saturday
- Ross Commissioners Schedule Second, Special Meeting to Discuss New Public Works Building
- Great Deal or Overpriced? 7 Homes and What they Sold for in Ross and West View
- New Restaurant’s Popularity Raises Safety Concerns
- 79 North Hills Students Named AP Scholars
- Giant Eagle Job Fair Coming to North Hills High School
- 5 New Places For Rent in Ross and West View
- Health Department Opens Flu Shot Clinic
- Help Wanted: 5 Places Hiring This Week in or Near Ross & West View
- Back to the Drawing Board: Ross Commissioners to Discuss Alternatives for New Public Works Building
- Ross Township Crimewatch: 5 Arrests Involving Alcohol
- Cinemark Confirms Opening Date for New McCandless Crossing Theater
- 6 Garage Sales This Weekend in the North Hills