- Published on Monday, 21 October 2013 07:02
- Posted by Richard Cook
Across Ross runs down the contested races for Ross Township Commissioner, North Hills School Board, Ross Township Tax Collector, and the District 1 seat on Allegheny County Council. Simply click on the candidate's name for their individual profile, and where they stand on the issues.
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 5. The polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Below are the local races voters in Ross Township will be deciding. (Note: the candidates for West View Borough council, West View Tax collector, and the Mayor of West View are all unopposed.) Check back with Across Ross Tuesday evening for complete election coverage.
North Hills School Board
Notes: Giovengo Nolish was the only candidate to win both parties' nominations in the spring primary.
Ross Township Commissioner
Notes: Both men were unopposed in the spring primary. Incumbent Chris Eyster chose not to seek reelection. Meyer is currently a member of the North Hills School Board.
Notes: Longtime incumbent Peter Ferraro is not seeking reelection.
Ross Township Tax Collector
Notes: O'Brien, the current Ross Township Commissioner in Ward 7, defeated two other candidates in the Democratic spring primary while Bright was unopposed. Incumbent Donna Carey stepped away from the work in June of 2011, deputizing Jordan Tax Service to handle tax collections for the township and the North Hills School District.
Allegheny County Council
Baker, a member of the North Hills School Board, defeated incumbent Matt Drozd in the spring primary. Barr is running as a Constitution Party Candidate. Baker and McClain live in Ross, Barr resides in West View.
- North Hills High School Symphonic Choir Selected to Perform in Pittsburgh Concert Chorale's Festival of Choirs
- Ross Township Crimewatch: Repeat Offenders Target Shopping Mall
- Great Deal or Overpriced? 11 Homes and What they Sold for in Ross and West View
- This Weekend: West View Hosting Trunk Sale
- 7 Homes Just Listed for Sale in Ross Township and West View
- West View Hosting Annual Halloween Parade
- Steelers' Bell Waives Hearing on Ross Pot Charges
- Chick-fil-A Seeks to Build Restaurant on McKnight Road
- Northway Mall Update: Several Tenants Staying, Mall Getting New Name
- North Hills Grad Advances on ‘The Voice’
- Commonwealth Court Rules Against Brothers in Long Simmering Ross Township Neighborhood Dispute
- Ross to Host Halloween Party
- 5 New Places For Rent in Ross and West View
- This Week: West View Crimewatch Meeting Monday
- Help Wanted: 5 Places Hiring This Week in or Near Ross & West View
- Ross Township Crimewatch: Assault Case Involves Employee & Manager
- Ross Commissioners Approve Changes to Trash Ordinance
- Former McCandless Doctor Sentenced for Child Porn Conviction
- Traffic Alert: Route 19 Lane Restrictions this Weekend
- 5 Things to Do this Weekend in the North Hills