- Published on Monday, 21 October 2013 06:50
- Written by Richard Cook
Trick or treating times, parades, school parties, find it all here.
Ross Township and the Borough of West View have scheduled Halloween Trick or Treating for Thursday, Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. Police and Fire Police will be on hand in neighborhoods and at busy intersections to keep everyone safe. Last year's trick or treating was delayed three days by Superstorm Sandy.
West View Halloween Parade
The storm also cancelled West View's annual Halloween parade. This year, the parade is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 28 at 7 p.m., rain or shine.
The parade forms at 6:30 p.m. on Highland Avenue and Perry Highway. School crossing guards will be there to help marchers line up. The parade steps off at 7 p.m. and heads down Perry Highway to Center Avenue where children with registration numbers will receive a goodie bag.
Registration numbers will be available at the West View Borough Building, 441 Perry Highway, from now until parade day. In addition, the Recreation Committee will sign up marchers on Wednesday, Oct. 16 and Thursday Oct. 17 from 5-7 p.m. Everyone will need a registration number to receive a goodie bag and be eligible to win a costume prize.
Winner's names will be posted in the borough building window at 9 p.m. Monday night. Winners will be able to pick up their prizes beginning Friday, Nov. 1 at the borough building.
North Hills Elementary Schools Parades and Parties
Thursday, Oct 31
West View: Parade @ 1:30 p.m. Classroom parties immediately afterwards.
McIntyre: Parade @ 2:30 p.m. Classroom parties immediately afterwards.
Highcliff: Parade @ 1:15 p.m., Classroom parties @ 1:45 p.m.
Ross: Parade @ 1:30 p.m., Classroom parties @ 2:45 p.m.
Safe Trick or Treating, HCR ManorCare, 1105 Perry Highway
Wednesday Oct. 30, 6 p.m.
Residents of HCR ManorCare Rehab center will be giving out candy. The local fire department will be on site and there will be activities for the children.
Nearby Haunted Houses
The Scarehouse, 118 Locust Street, Etna
The West Deer Nightmare, Bairford Park, West Deer Township
Northern Nightmares, Zelienople, Butler County
- Check your Mailbox: When to Expect North Hills Transportation Postcards
- Traffic Alerts: Lane Restrictions on McKnight Road in Ross, Cumberland Road in McCandless This Weekend
- 6 Garage Sales This Weekend in the North Hills
- West View Tattoo Shop to Ink People for Charity
- Ross Hosting First Public Meeting on Township Plan for the Future
- Latest Listings: 17 Homes for Sale in North Hills School District
- McCandless Councilman Defends Wal-Mart Vote
- Friends to Hold Fundraiser for Family of Ross Man who Drowned in Hawaii
- Great Deal or Overpriced? 9 Homes and What they Sold for in Ross and West View
- Residents Promise Court Fight Over McCandless Wal-Mart Vote
- Ross Hires New Planning & Zoning Administrator
- 5 New Places For Rent in Ross and West View
- Ross Township Center Helps Intellectually Disabled Achieve Full Potential
- Help Wanted: 5 Places Hiring This Week in or Near Ross & West View
- Ross Township Crimewatch: Thieves Steal from 4 Vehicles on the Same Day
- McCandless Moves Wal-Mart Vote Meeting to Larger Venue
- 8 Open Houses Sunday in Ross & West View
- Phony Gas Workers Spotted in West View
- Help North Hills Band Students While You Shop
- 5 Garage Sales This Weekend in the North Hills